Tata, R. Jamshed "Signalling through nuclear receptors" Nature Reviews, Vol.3,Sep.,703-709(2002)
Remillard, Rene, B. J., Bunce, Negel J., "Use of Haber's Role to estimate the risk of diabetes from background exposures to dioxin-like compounds", Toxicology Letters 131, 161-166 (2002)
Chawla, Ajay, Repa, Joyce J., Evans, Ronald M., Mangelsdorf, David J., "Nuclear Receptors and lipid physiology: Opening the X-files", Science 294 (2001)
Lu, Timothy T., Repa, Joyce J., Mangelsdorf, David J., "Orphan nuclear receptors as eLiXiRs and FiXeRs of sterol metabolism", The Journal of Biological Chemistry 276, 41, 37735-37738 (2001)
Honkakoski, Paavo, Negishi, Masahiko, "Regulation of cytochrome P450(CYP) genes by nuclear receptors", Biochemical Journal 347, 321-337 (2000)
The Nuclear Receptor Resource (NRR) : a collection of individual databases on members of the steroid and thyroid hormone receptor superfamily.
Nuclear Hormone Receptor (Endocrine Receptor)
Adopted Orphan Nuclear Receptor
Orphan Nuclear Receptor
- Hormone-independent Transcriptional Activation and Coactivator Binding by Novel Orphan Nuclear Receptor ERR3:Heng Hong, Lan Yang, and Michael R. Stallcup(J Biol Chem, Vol. 274, Issue 32, 22618-22626, August 6, 1999)
- Orphan Nuclear Receptors: Shifting Endocrinology into Reverse, Kliewer, Steven A., Lehmann, Jürgen M., Willson, Timothy M., Science 284,1999
Mouse and Rat
Drosophila and C. elegans
- Endocrine regulation of development and aging in C. elegans (Max planck Institute for Molecular Genetics)
- Carl S. Thummel(University of Utah):We have chosen the fruit fly, Drosophila melanogaster, as a model system for studying the molecular mechanisms of steroid hormone action.
- Comparison of complete nuclear receptor sets from the human,
Caenorhabditis elegans and Drosophila genomes, Maglich, Jodi M.,et al., Genome Biology 2 (8), 2001
Ligands for Nuclear Hormone Receptor
- Lists of Paradigmatic Chemicals (NIHS Japan)
Ligands for Adopted Orphan Receptor
- Response Element(Theoretical Biophysics Group)
- Steroid Hormone Receptors and their Response Elements(Kimball's Biology Pages)
Information on Dimers
Directory of P450-containing Systems <Kirill N. Degtyarenko> :The goal of this www Directory is to facilitate access to electronic resources world-wide for all researchers working in the field of P450 proteins and P450-containing systems.
Cytochrome P450 Drug Interaction Table :This table is designed as a hypothesis testing, teaching and reference tool for physicians and researchers interested in drug interactions that are the result of competition for, or effects on the human cytochrome P450 system (Indiana Univ.)
Biochemical Journal : Regulation of cytochrome P450(CYP) genes by nuclear receptors
Xenobiotic-metabolizing cytochrome P450 enzymes in human lung : Janne Hukkanen (University of Oulu, Finland)
- Integrated P450 Database for Drug Interactions <Waseda University>
EndocrineWeb.com:Text and images present information about various aspects of the endocrine system, highlighting the thyroid, parathyroid, and adrenal glands.
Endocrinology: Human Anatomy on line(Lake Michigan College)
Lecture Notes: Chemical Signals & The Endocrine System (Univ. South Carolina)
Environmental Estrogens and Other Hormones:Learn about the myriad hormones that mimic estrogen and the problems that can cause with human health. (Tulane Xavier Univ.)
The Endocrine System: On-Line Biology Book (Estrella Mountain Community College)
endocrine disruption: Breast Cacner and Environmental Risk Factors(Cornell Univ.): The BCERF Critical Evaluations on selected pesticides and breast cancer risk are available as pdf documents.
- Global Assesment of the State-of-the-sciences of Endocrine Disruptors (IPCS)
Orphan & Nuclear Receptors:Strategies for New Therapeutic Interventions
Drug targets in aging-associated diseases in the male(Jenapharm GmbH & Co.)
LifeSpan DrugTarget DatabaseTM and DrugTarget PortalTM(LifeSpan Biosciences)LifeSpan's databases contain the top drug targets in the human genome