|The Grand Challenge of CBI (1/6)|
Established in 1981, the Chem-Bio Informatics Society (CBI) organized many
meetings, seminars, training courses, and symposia. These meetings stimulated
research on rational drug design at pharmaceutical companies and in academia.
Now we are planning to take a more direct initiative for supporting collaborative research in this field. We call this initiative the CBI Grand Challenges, which consists of the following seven projects.
1. Large Scale Molecular Computing
2. Name and Structure Databases for Drugs and their Candidate Chemicals
3. Making Knowledge Bases for ADME
4. Bionetwork ( Extension of CSNDB)
5. Micro AI ( Micro Array Interpreter)
6. CROSSA ( Cross Species Analyses)
7. Building Network Infrastructure for the Consortium
We are also considering the following four subjects as the next project themes.
8. Computational Toxicology
9. Integration of Bio Informatics and Chemical
10. Assay System Using C. elegans
11. Resource Strategy for Medicine
These projects are open to any research team or individuals. Their products will be disseminated to the public.
J. Drew, In Quest of Tomorrow's Medicine, Springer, 1999
C. Robbins-Roth, from ALCHEMY to IPO-The Business of Biotechnology, Perseus, Mss, 2000
Chem-Bio Informatics Society(CBI)
Office: Iida Bldg., Room 301
4-3-16, Yoga, Setagaya-ku
Tokyo, 158-0097, JAPAN
Tel: +81-3-5491-5423 Fax: +81-3-5491-5462
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Map